Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Meditate + Motherhood


On the glorious splendor of Your majesty And on Your wonderful works, I will meditate.
Psalm 145:5

Stillness before God, meditation, listening to the wind, blocking out distractions, practice of meditation and quiet before God. Soul restored. Reminded to find a quite place before God more often.

This mom finds the quiet place out of reach lately. Jumped right in and didn't notice until a few weeks ago that my quiet place had become less quiet. This evening I was reminded that I must find the quiet place again. The place where I sit in silence, where I read or write. Where I hear God, and try not to say too much.

Today was opposite of quiet because you knew mommy was on a mission to get through some piles of paperwork, which required phone calls and focus away from you. So you did everything to try to get my focus back. And it rained all day, so we did not escape to the great outdoors.

Read and talked about your "adoption" story with you today. We often talk about it, so it will never come as a surprise to you. A lady recently asked how we plan to integrate your past with your future. I plan to talk more about Ethiopia, with hopes that you will remember segments of your past to share with us.
Few photos from our journey from your homeland, Sodo, Ethiopia.





2 comments:

  1. beautifully said, kristyn. we too are trying to make meaningful time for God and meditation in our lives. it gets overlooked sometime, but is so refreshing when we just slow down. i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could just fly over there and give you an hour to meditate on The Word. Winnie and Guniyea could play... oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails