Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Easter Egg

We love Thursday morning play group. We had an easter egg hunt this week followed by a pot luck brunch. In the process of doing a simple explanation for easter egg hunts, some moms and I got a good laugh.

"Okay kids, it's Easter on Sunday so we are hunting for eggs today. But Easter is more about Jesus dying on the cross and rising again. Easter also involves a bunny, although the most important part is Jesus. Anyway, we are going out to hunt for eggs. Just a tradition we do to celebrate Easter."

Too bad I didn't "Wikipedia" Easter egg before we went to play group this morning. I think I'll organize another Easter egg hunt for the Jones family celebration on Sunday where I will be more prepared to give a better explanation. As I am sure you will be "all ears." Because I just learned that the egg was a symbol of the rebirth of the earth in celebrations of spring and was adopted by early Christians as a symbol of the resurrection of Jesus. So the two are connected. There ya go. Thanks wikipedia.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails