Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Different: But the Same

So I'm a little behind the rest of you, as I just finished reading The Help. Great story. I have a word for Miss Hilly and her Home Help Sanitation Initiative


Dear Miss Hilly,


I thought of you this morning as I was giving my children a bath. I had my African son and my American daughter in the same bath tub. I was thanking God that things here and now (in our family) are not the way they were in Mississippi in the 1960s. I mean, really ma'am. 


Sincerely,


Kristyn


So Tegegne, you watched part of this movie with me and I explained it in very simple terms. I really dread you knowing the reality of the way people were treated. (Your dad and I) also look forward to difficult conversations such as these because we know you will be interested and you will care. You care about people and you take their feelings to heart. Son, you will do great things and I pray that you can be an example of loving people equally. 


Love,


Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails