Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Conversations: Tegegne

Photo credit.
Mom: Criss, cross, applesauce. Make a loop, wrap around, pull through...(I'm trying to make up a song while tying Tegegne's shoe slowly...He reaches in, eager to gain shoe-tying-independence and pulls the loops tightly!
Tegegne: Mom, what kind of college am I going to go to?
(As if tying his shoe will get him there...baby steps...)


T: Hensley, you've gotta dwive wight on the woad...get out of my garden!...we are fighting...(Hensley, you really do like tumbling around with your bro...and when you don't like it you b-line out of the room with your mad crawling skills. 


M: Tegegne, can you carry this (a small humidifier) to our sleeping porch? 
T: Sure...(he picks it up, grunting with Hensley crawling behind him)
M: Hensley, don't bother Tegegne while he's doing his job. (He took a break, sitting the humidifier on the floor.)
T: It's okay mom! She can bother it. She can touch my job.
+++++


Oh kids. They say funny things and keep the little things in life enjoyable. It is also, along with marriage, one of the hardest jobs I signed up for. But I love it. Marriage too. Phew, so good and so hard all at once. Well, not really all at once. Thanks be to God.


Speaking of marriage. Had a wonderful time with that dear young man I call my husband tonight. Our first date night in a while. We enjoyed Extra Virgin's Happy Hour, and hope to get back there sooner than later. I like that spot, a lot. 


And lastly I should be working. I know...on our first date night in months I'm pulling a close-to-all-nighter to do one of my interior design jobs. Always takes longer than I hope, but its all good. I love it. And of course, I found time to blog instead of get my work done. 


Good night!


(Stole Michael's The Dark Chocolate Lovers Chocolate Bar (85% dark!) to get me going!)


Love,


Kristyn and Mom and Wife






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails