Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Little Sweetness


This morning I was singing along with Micah and the band at Jacob's Well. One of the lyrics was, "Would you like to know the sweetness of the secret of the Lord?" I sang it and then the voice in my head responded, "Yes, I would like to know the sweetness of the secret of the Lord." Right then I felt a big tummy-fluttering-kick from you, little growing peanut in my belly! Then one tear streamed down my cheek. It was quite a good response to my question, I thought. God reminded me of his sweetness through your little being moving all around inside me. What joy it is to carry you and soon get to bring you into this world.

I'm reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. The first half of the book is "successful birth stories." Successful not meaning painless, but all very different and interesting. I am learning a lot and gaining courage through their stories.

Reading these stories puts me in great anticipation for the moment your dad and I will realize I'm in labor and it's the real deal. Ahhhh! That will be so intimidating, exciting, (because we will soon meet you) and it will be my turn. It will mean that I will eventually have my story to tell. Or your dad and I will have our story to tell.

Going to have an ultrasound next week (wk 20) which should let us know if you are really made of sugar and spice and everything nice. I'm pretty sure you can hear me now. Have you heard your dad's voice? What about your big brother's?

Love,

Mom (or will you call me Mommyeh like your brother?)
photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails