Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Humble Abode: Straw Bale Style


So I totally love my family! But that's obvious, right? Let me be more specific. You see, my mom has two sisters and a brother who have the most delightful offspring, aka my cousins. Andrea (pronounced AUUN-drea, not ANNdrea) is one of those cousins. "Andie" is two years older than me. Whenever she got Birkenstocks in 8th grade, I had to get some. Then she studied interior architecture and traveled to Denmark and Germany, and I was inspired. She was designing in Chicago and traveling to NY, which was so cool to this midwestern girl! She now has a dear husband, Bob and adorable son, Orien. Orien and Hensley are about the same age and I love it that they get to grow up together! Their biggest venture was quitting their design jobs in the city and doing a year of organic farming stuff, which led them to building this straw bale house outside of the city! Here are a few photos of our workday. We love you Andie, Bob and Orien!

The boys were king of the mountain and got SO muddy.

Andie, remember why you made that face?

My dear brother and sister-in-law were there (a huge highlight!) and they watched our kids while we went to a wedding! Thanks Uncle Eric and Aunt Erica! Hensley says sorry and she's embarrassed for being totally inconsolable.



(If you, dear reader, are interested in a straw-bale house or being green or have a smile on your face they'd love for you to visit and pick up a shovel while you're there! They are making the final push to get in before winter hits! Just leave a comment and I'll get you )

1 comment:

  1. and you inspire me! so positive, such faith, so much fun, so loving! we are lucky to have you in our lives, especially as family!!! love love love you, ms. adventurer :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails