Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sugar & Spice

Sugar and spice
And all that's nice,
That's what little girls are made of.



Gunyea, you've been right all along with your prediction! They are 95% sure that this baby is a girl!


That was quite surprising and fun to find out at our ultrasound today. Seeing her little body was quite cool, but hearing the heartbeat loud and clear made me tear up a bit. She was moving like crazy...ultrasound lady said she had hickups. Gunyea, you thought it was exciting to see your sister on the TV but you were especially interested in the large techy computer that the lady was using. Ababayeh was relieved once they told us all the risks of an unhealthy baby were very very low.

And Baby, I feel like it's time I write you a note:


Hello there, little squirt. Sorry I've ignored you for the first 3 months. I remember talking to you once, but that was when I promised to get you back into some air conditioning before I threw up. Was good to see you today. Now I know you are in there for sure, and will try to keep you posted on what's going on out here.

First of all, I'm your mom and I love you. I also like hospitality, chai lattes, and time with family around the dinner table. Your dad, well he is awesome. He is going to be smitten over you, and I cannot wait to watch that. He likes riding bikes, eating chocolate croisants, and teaching kids. He also likes folding the toilet paper into the fancy little triangle. And guess what...you have a big brother. A really cool, Ethiopian (that's a country in Africa) brother with an afro. He loves life. He also loves cereal and milk, walking Owen (our dog) around the house with his leash, and he loves running water. I cannot wait to watch him stick up for you on the playground. The four of us are going to have so much fun.


So you can just keep on growing in there, and making me uncomfortable. Can't wait to see you again in a month.


Love,


Mommyeh and the Boys

Booties from HandmadeBabyLove.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails