Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ababayeh Kiss Mommyeh?

I walked in the door from work this evening, and you greeted me with the biggest smile with a loud "Hiiiii Mommmyyeeehhhh!" I asked for some sugar and you kept kissing me. Then you said, "Mommyeh happy?" I replied yes, and you said "Gunyea happy?" "Gunyea happy!"


Then we went upstairs to greet Ababayeh. You often ask "Ababayeh kiss Mommyeh?" As he proceeded to kiss me on the cheek, you said "Ababayeh, right here" and pointed to my lips. "Ababayeh love Mommyeh?" "Yes Gunyea, Ababayeh loves Mommyeh." And so on.


Getting in the car on the way to dinner you said, "Gunyea open Mommyeh's door?" You went running to beat Ababayeh to my door, and you got help opening it. When we were all in the car you asked us individually if we were wearing our seat belts, which you always ask now as we get in the car.


On the way home from dinner I yawned, and you immediately said, "Mommyeh sleepy?"


You are growing into a thoughtful little fellow. We laugh often as your little voice asks the sweetest questions.


On a side note, I looked at our adoption agency's blog tonight and saw all of the Ethiopia referrals that are flowing in rapid pace and I was filled with joy. Nearly every month our agency matches lots of children with their forever families. I imagine the initial photo that each family receives, and I long for them to meet their children for the first time. Even better, I think of the new children in families a year after being adopted.


You have been with us 8 months, and have changed so much from your first referral photo.


God is rescuing children from darkness into light, and it is beautiful. Yes, there is often a dim transition period, but God does not give us more than we can bear. And he offers to walk alongside us every step of the way.




1 comment:

  1. chills :)

    I cannot wait for the day I get to see Arthur's face for the first time!!! You guys are doing so great!! Love your little family.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails