Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

be still

i took this backpacking 5 years ago in the colorado mts

Our pastor talked about being still before God last week at church. It has been very good to think about that this week. Be still. And know that I am God. I have found it quite nice to sit quietly in the living room on the sofa, a place where I usually hear the background of the TV, but not this week. I sat and was still. Probably not for long enough. But it was good.

I'm not even sure if this concept makes sense to you. If you are little, like I imagine you are, this "being still" idea probably only makes sense if you are satisfied. (aka not hungry or poopy.) Don't worry about it, someday I'll teach you about the concept and we can work on it together.

No mailman yet. I mean, he's bringing stuff but not the right stuff. You know. The real deal paper that I eagerly seek as I get home from work each evening. I know it will come. And so will you.

Good night little monkey,

Mom

P.S. I painted your closet door parakeet green yesterday. The door frame too. The rest of the room is light blue with white crown molding. I think you will like it. Good night.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails