Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

It's All In!


Son, it is a big day here in Kansas City. Guess what...our CIS approval came in today along with Michael's Hague Adoption Training Certificate! These were the last two documents we were waiting on before our dossier was complete. It is now COMPLETE! 8 months later! I gathered everything and sent it on to our adoption agency (AWAA) for their final review. They will send it on to the Ministry of Womens and Children's Affairs in Addis Ababa, and we wait. We wait to be matched up with you in a month or two or 10 months... In the mean time, can you at least tell me your name or if you prefer a green pair of shorts over blue? Are you going to be tall like your dad? Are you going to be into Transformers? I am on a mission to find you a good toy truck this weekend, because every boy needs a good toy truck right? One that can haul stuff around. The two best flea markets are opened for "First Fridays" so I think I will find something for you. If not a truck, I'll at least grab a good used book. I'm trying to find good books with humor so your dad and I don't get bored reading them over and over again. Speaking of which your lovely Great Grandma Ileen bought you a book last week. She says it's funny and I believe her.

Oh, by the way your big pup Owen had his surgery this morning and the doc says he is doing fine and the surgery went well. We pick him up tomorrow from the vet.

I hope you had a fun day.

P.S. Your dad painted the kitchen light gray today, and two days ago he put the trim up in our attic! He's been taking lots of good care of Owen too. He is going to be such a good dad.

toy truck photo from flickr

4 comments:

  1. Hooray!! So excited that it finally came. So happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow ... one more step to meeting your little man. congrats you two. this is exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails